Tuesday, January 20, 2009

it's not too late at 28

i've been telling myself for years that i would do this, and at 28 on my birthday i finally gave in and decided to start my own blog. as if my notes on facebook weren't enough, i felt that since i will never actually publish my own book about my crazy experiences in the last year (as was suggested by many friends), i figured a blog should suffice. what crazy experiences you might ask? um...how bout i start with having been diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma in september 2008. for those of you who have no idea what the heck non-hodgkins lymphoma is, it's cancer. yes cancer.

i wanted to start off simple today so every day beginning tomorrow, i will start posting my past archives from my facebook notes about my experiences with having cancer along with some thoughts for the day. i hope by opening up my life to a more public atmosphere i will have the opportunity to reach those who have similar experiences or those who want to know more about having cancer at a young age.

i welcome questions as well as comments even if it's just a simple hello. thanks for reading :)

3 comments:

  1. well, it's more than a simple hello. It's a happy birthday, hope you're doing ok, miss you alot, been a shitty friend msg.

    sorry i haven't spoken to you in awhile. I hope ou really are doing better and I hope I can see you one of these days soon. We'll get together and have coffee or something. I'll pick you up whenever. Take care fay, speak to you soon =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it is good to write something, blog or book. It is cathartic and constructive. Win-win!! Happy Birthday again and here to many, many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fay, Look forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete