Monday, January 26, 2009

snoozin and losin

today was my first day of radiation therapy and i'm already feeling the side effects. i feel absolutely lethargic right now and could probably fall asleep before i finish writing this sent...zzzz....

ok ok, i'm still awake, but not by much.

this morning was pretty crazy. i got around 10 phone calls before noon all from nurses and doctors explaining to me what the rest of my week will be looking like and confirming my gazillion appointments. not only do i have radiation every day this week, but i'm finally getting my metaport out on thursday. woot!

but blah blah blah about my morning. i should be talking about my radiation experience. so what was it like? well, i had to go through the whole lying on my back with my arms raised flat behind my head and my bare chest hanging out for all the male technicians to see again in a cold, cold room. then there's the crazy radiation machine that hovers and moves in semicircles around me shooting its invisible rays.
i also got some weird taste in the back of my throat...can't really describe what it's like except that it's similar to the metallic taste you get in your mouth when you get injected with radioactive isotopes for a catscan. the whole process actually takes only 7-10 minutes and it really does feel that short. i was up and out in no time but a whole lot weaker and slightly dizzy.

i'd write more, but i'm seriously about to snooze out this time. zzzz....




1 comment:

  1. Hope it is better than chemo!! I wish you the best and send you good vibes!!

    ReplyDelete